Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
How a root canal from your dentists in Clarks Summit, PA, can relieve your dental pain
If you have dental pain, it can be difficult to think about anything else. Do you need a filling, or do you need something more? The truth is, you may need a root canal.
Drs. Jeffrey Bell, Dale Collins, and Amy Cravath of Abington Dental Arts, in Clarks Summit, PA, offer a wide range of dental care services, including root canal treatment to relieve your dental pain.
So, how do you know if a root canal is needed? Only your dentist can tell for sure, but there are a few signs and symptoms which may indicate you and your tooth can benefit from root canal treatment. You may need a root canal if you: Notice a white or red bump appearing on your gums next to the root of a tooth. Have drainage, which can include blood or pus coming out from the bump on your gums. Feel sharp, stabbing pain when you bite down on food Experience increasing pain when your tooth is exposed to hot or cold foods or beverages. Have tooth pain that doesn’t go away
You may experience the signs and symptoms listed above due to trauma to your teeth, jaws, or face. You may also need a root canal because of chronic irritation and inflammation caused by grinding or clenching your teeth. The biggest contributor to needing a root canal is tooth decay, which can penetrate deep into the inner layer of your tooth, an area known as the pulp. The pulp contains the nerves and blood supply to your tooth. When this area is damaged or bruised, it causes inflammation inside your tooth. Pressure and fluid build inside your tooth, causing the tooth pain, which can become intense. When you experience intense dental pain, it’s good to know a root canal can eliminate your pain, and still let you keep your smile. To find out more about the root canal process and how root canal treatment can help you, talk with the experts. Call Drs. Jeffrey Bell, Dale Collins, and Amy Cravath of Abington Dental Arts, in Clarks Summit, PA, at (570) 586-1411. Call now!
Has your smile been looking lackluster lately? Here at Abington Dental Arts in Clarks Summit, PA, your dentists, Drs. Jeffrey Bell, Dale Collins, and Amy Cravath offer patients porcelain veneers, a cosmetic dentistry procedure that conceals stains, enhances color, and completely rejuvenates your smile.
What are Veneers?
A beautiful smile has good tooth color, shape and alignment, just to name a few characteristics. Porcelain veneers can improve your overall smile and boost your self-esteem, especially when it comes to the characteristics mentioned above.
Veneers are a thin covering cemented to the surface of natural teeth. The porcelain material that veneers are made of is super strong and made to last for years on end. Veneers substitute natural tooth enamel when bonded to your teeth to create a natural-looking and beautiful smile.
The Benefits and Versatility of Veneers
Your Clarks Summit dentist provides this cosmetic dentistry procedure to improve several characteristics. Veneers enhance the color of teeth by hiding stains, which usually come as the result of eating and drinking certain foods and drinks, smoking, or simply undergoing the aging process.
Veneers also improve the size and shape of teeth. Teeth naturally become worn down from poor habits like teeth grinding and teeth clenching. These habits impact the shape and/or size of teeth. Veneers can make teeth look rounder-edged or squarer-edged, whichever is more flattering for your smile and face.
Veneers improve alignment and spacing by closing small gaps between teeth and by making slight corrections in alignment. Extreme crookedness may need other dental procedures, so make sure that you consult your dentist.
How Do You Care for Veneers?
- Gentle brushing and flossing on a daily basis
- Regular dental checkups at the dental office
- Professional dental cleanings
- Using a custom-made nightguard to protect your veneers
Need a Consultation for Veneers?
Call Abington Dental Arts in Clarks Summit today at (570) 586-1411 to schedule your appointment.
Has your smile become an unexpected casualty of tooth loss? When there's a gap in your teeth, it's only natural to feel a little self-conscious about your appearance. Fortunately, dental implants offered by your Clarks Summit, PA, dentists, Drs. Jeffrey Bell, Dale Collins, and Amy Cravath will restore your missing teeth and help you rediscover your smile.
Are dental implants right for you?
Dental implants may be a good choice if:
- Chewing has become difficult: Even one missing tooth can make biting and chewing challenging. Dental implants restore your ability to chew normally without causing a loss of biting power. Titanium implants serve as synthetic tooth roots and are implanted in your jawbone. The implants gradually bond to the bone over the course of several months. Once bonding is complete, your Clarks Summit, PA, dentist attaches a dental crown to the top of the implant to create a brand new tooth.
- You want to improve your appearance: No one will be able to tell that your new tooth isn't real. Your dentist will make an impression of your mouth to ensure that your new crown looks right at home in your mouth.
- You're concerned about the long-term consequences of tooth loss: The loss of even one tooth can change your smile in more ways than you may realize. After a tooth is lost, nearby teeth often start to drift and overlap as they try to fill the gap. Tooth loss can also cause your jawbone to shrink, due to decreased stimulation from tooth roots. Implants prevent teeth from shifting and provide the stimulation your jawbone needs to stay strong.
- You want a long-lasting, cost-effect solution: Dental implants usually never need to be replaced and may last your entire life. They're often the most cost-effective choice when you consider lifetime restoration costs.
- You'd prefer an easy-care restoration option: Keeping your implants in good condition is very simple and only requires daily brushing and flossing. Flossing around the base of your crown is particularly important, as it reduces the chance of an infection that could loosen the implant.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your Clarks Summit, PA, dentists, Drs. Jeffrey Bell, Dale Collins, and Amy Cravath, at (570) 586-1411 to schedule an appointment.
At Abington Dental Arts, PC in Clarks Summit, PA, we believe cosmetic dentistry is an investment well worth it. As one of the fastest-growing areas of dentistry and a vital part of the dental profession, there is a wide variety of treatments available to upgrade the appearance and overall health of your smile. Safely and effectively, Dr. Jeffrey Bell can help you achieve your grin goals and repair dental damage that you may have been avoiding for years.
One of our popular cosmetic dentistry services includes teeth whitening. These bleaching treatments can be efficient on intrinsic (inner) plus extrinsic (outer) stains and can aid in making you feel younger and more confident. Whitening may not be an option for all patients, such as those with tooth-colored restorations, but Dr. Jeffrey Bell in Clarks Summit can discuss these concerns with you during your consultation visit.
Advantages of Professional Whitening
Over time, teeth will become stained and discolored due to environmental factors, dark foods, and beverages. The severity of tooth stains will depend on your oral care routine. Professional teeth whitening brightens teeth quickly and can lighten a tooth by 8-10 shades.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Corrects aesthetic imperfections
- Prevents future dental damage
- Builds confidence
- Strengthens your teeth
Cosmetic dentistry allows you to take your confidence back. Dr. Jeffrey Bell provides the simplest way to make a substantial improvement in the appearance of your teeth. At Abington Dental Arts, PC, whether you choose in-office or take-home whitening, you'll quickly upgrade the brightness and whiteness of your teeth.
If you are thinking about enhancing your smile then cosmetic dentistry might be the solution, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeffrey Bell of Abington Dental Arts, PC in Clarks Summit, PA. For questions or concerns, or to schedule an appointment for teeth whitening services, please visit our website or call (570) 586-1411.