Dental hygiene is essential for your oral health. Your Clarks Summit, PA, dentists can give you tips on how to maintain good oral hygiene to prevent serious dental issues.
How to Care for Your Teeth:
If you want to prevent the issues mentioned above, here are some tips your Clarks Summit, PA, dentists advise you do to maintain dental care:
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums over time
- Flossing at least once before bed will remove food debris
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea
Procedures Needed Due to Poor Dental Care:
There are several procedures you may need if you don't take care of your teeth:
- Dental implants: Another restorative procedure that replaces your tooth root with a titanium post when you've suffered from tooth loss.
- Veneers: These porcelain restorations are similar to crowns but they are cemented on the surface of teeth to hide unappealing issues like crack, dents, and yellowed teeth.
- Bridges: This restoration is similar to dental implants but it doesn't replace a tooth root, just the gap left from losing a tooth.
- Root canal therapy: A dental restoration needed when someone has an infected or inflamed tooth that needs to be cleaned, disinfected, and sealed
- Crowns: These are dental caps that fit over weak and/or unsightly teeth to improve your smile and reinforce teeth that are weakened due to dental restorations or dislodged fillings.
Severe dental issues may result if you don't maintain a healthy dental remedy. If you have any questions or concerns, just call dentists in their Clarks Summit, PA, office today!