Find out when it might be time to turn to a dentist in order to achieve a whiter smile.
A white smile can certainly make you feel confident and great about the way you look; however, everything from aging to that second cup of coffee each morning can eventually cause our smiles to fade or even yellow. While our Clarks Summit, PA, dentists Dr. Jeffrey Bell, Dr. Amy Cravath, and Dr. Dale Collins provide both fast in-office whitening and convenient at-home whitening, here are some simple steps you can take now to prevent new stains from forming while getting rid of those superficial stains:
- Try a whitening toothpaste, which may not change the actual color of your teeth but can remove minor stains from the outer layers of your tooth
- Brush your teeth immediately after eating, especially if you ate or drink anything that could cause stains
- Know what foods can cause stains and avoid them as much as possible
- Use a straw to drink dark beverages, which limits the amount of contact between the drink and your teeth
- Make sure you are brushing at least twice a day and that you are using proper brushing techniques
- Don’t forget to floss your teeth, which prevents stains from forming along the sides of your teeth and protects against gum disease and decay
- Use an at-home whitening kit, which can also provide you with results in as little as 1-2 weeks of continued use (make sure to always follow the instructions to prevent issues such as tooth sensitivity)
If you don’t see the results you want with these lifestyle changes in places and with over-the-counter whitening options then you may just want to turn to our Clarks Summit, PA, dental team to discuss the ways in which cosmetic dentistry could give you the results you want. Everything from dental bonding and professional chairside whitening to dental veneers can help you achieve a whiter smile.
During Covid-19 we highly recommend taking this extra time to properly care for your smile and practice good oral hygiene. The last thing you want to deal with is a dental emergency. Of course, if problems do arise, know that Abington Dental Arts is here for you, you just have to call (570) 586-1411.
To all our patients living in Clarks Summit, PA, we hope to be able to see your smiling faces and provide you with the quality cosmetic dentistry you’ve come to depend on very soon.