Has your smile become an unexpected casualty of tooth loss? When there's a gap in your teeth, it's only natural to feel a little self-conscious about your appearance. Fortunately, dental implants offered by your Clarks Summit, PA, dentists, Drs. Jeffrey Bell, Dale Collins, and Amy Cravath will restore your missing teeth and help you rediscover your smile.
Are dental implants right for you?
Dental implants may be a good choice if:
- Chewing has become difficult: Even one missing tooth can make biting and chewing challenging. Dental implants restore your ability to chew normally without causing a loss of biting power. Titanium implants serve as synthetic tooth roots and are implanted in your jawbone. The implants gradually bond to the bone over the course of several months. Once bonding is complete, your Clarks Summit, PA, dentist attaches a dental crown to the top of the implant to create a brand new tooth.
- You want to improve your appearance: No one will be able to tell that your new tooth isn't real. Your dentist will make an impression of your mouth to ensure that your new crown looks right at home in your mouth.
- You're concerned about the long-term consequences of tooth loss: The loss of even one tooth can change your smile in more ways than you may realize. After a tooth is lost, nearby teeth often start to drift and overlap as they try to fill the gap. Tooth loss can also cause your jawbone to shrink, due to decreased stimulation from tooth roots. Implants prevent teeth from shifting and provide the stimulation your jawbone needs to stay strong.
- You want a long-lasting, cost-effect solution: Dental implants usually never need to be replaced and may last your entire life. They're often the most cost-effective choice when you consider lifetime restoration costs.
- You'd prefer an easy-care restoration option: Keeping your implants in good condition is very simple and only requires daily brushing and flossing. Flossing around the base of your crown is particularly important, as it reduces the chance of an infection that could loosen the implant.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call your Clarks Summit, PA, dentists, Drs. Jeffrey Bell, Dale Collins, and Amy Cravath, at (570) 586-1411 to schedule an appointment.